for Treatment of Spinal Disorders & Musculoskeletal Oncology Pathologies!
At Southern California Spine & Orthopedic Oncology Institute, we will discuss with you conservative treatments such as traction, anti-inflammatory drugs, physical therapy, or local cortisone injections.
Surgery is normally considered only after all non surgical options have failed. The good news is, in the vast majority of cases, modern spinal surgery is extremely successful in alleviating pain and restoring mobility. Of course, spinal surgery as with any major surgery, is not without risks. We will discuss possible complications and how you can help reduce your risks both before and after surgery.
There are a number of different surgical approaches to relieving back and neck pain, including:
- Discectomy - the removal of all or part of the offending disc
- Decompression - the removal of bone spurs
- Corpectomy - the removal of vertebra
- Fusion - the joining of discs to prevent motion in the affected area
- Disc Replacement - To restore normal spinal motion
At Southern California Spine & Orthopedic Oncology Institute, it is our priority to provide you excellent patient care!